Published by Splashdown Books (February 2012)
Open your heart and mind to the simplicity and complexity of a name.
I know only my name. Beyond that is confusion, a void where fantasy and reality swirl together. Fairies, Giants, Elves, Dwarves, ancient Keepers, and…Dragons?
A dark soul threatens the Five Kingdoms, but I am powerless to stand against him, overwhelmed by phantom memories, broken and lost.
Somehow, I must live. I must find my purpose. There are friends to love and battles to fight.
I know my name. Perhaps that is enough.
I am Ocilla.
This is my story.
CLICK HERE TO READ A PREVIEW
What people are saying about I Am Ocilla
- I Am Ocilla is a literary ball of string, combining fantasy, allegory, and mystery that slowly unwinds to reveal a beautiful picture of one woman’s identity in Christ. Prophecy, a cursed land, talking animals, fairies, dragons, and a chosen one—this book is a creative journey, not just for the mind, but for the soul.~Jill Williamson, Christy Award-winning author of By Darkness Hid and To Darkness Fled Check her out HERE.
- Ocilla helps bring life and hope to fractured fantasy races as she travels; dry rivers even run with fresh water. As Ocilla learns that she is able to move between worlds, the reader might be reminded of Roger Zelazny’s classic fantasy, The Chronicles of Amber. Graham crafts a solid fantasy world with traditional details and striking descriptions. Diane Graham has crafted a story that will entertain all fantasy fans.~Frank Creed, author of Flashpoint and War of Attrition Check him out HERE.
- Diane Graham is a tour guide extraordinaire, taking the reader into depths of desire, discovery and destiny. Ocilla represents each of us, a captive of death and destruction until the mystery of her true identity is unveiled. Thrilling, endearing, and dripping with insight, every page engages until that final cathartic sigh.~Kathleen L. Maher, two-time finalist in RWA’s Launching a Star writing contest. Check her out HERE.
- I Am Ocilla is infused with passion. Graham’s prose is beautifully poetic and strong emotions spill forth generously throughout these pages. I’d rather read Ms. Graham than JRR Tolkien or Stephenie Meyer.~Caprice Hokstad, author of the Ascendancy Trilogy Check her out HERE.
- Diane M. Graham weaves together a complex and beautiful story like no one else can, stamping it with fantastical characters and stunning prose. I Am Ocilla is truly a unique and special novel, making it something you don’t want to miss out on. I’m very much looking forward to whatever it is Diane has got up her sleeves for us next.~Christian Miles, teen author of The Scarlet Key Check him out HERE
- I Am Ocilla is every bit as magical as its author. A fantasy filled with wonder, adventure, and discovery, it is a read that will entertain all ages. You won’t soon forget Ocilla, her escape from forgetfulness or her discovery of the meaning of acceptance and true love. Diane Graham’s debut novel is a great start to what will surely be a successful journey as a writer.~t.e. George, Rockin’ Writer* Check him out HERE.
- Fairy tale and fantasy, adventure and emotion—I Am Ocilla took me on a journey that had me laughing, cheering, crying, and contemplating. It is a story of self-discovery, of love, of good and evil, all told in a voice that captured me from the first page.~Kat Heckenbach, author of Finding Angel Check her out HERE.
- Diane M. Graham has written a lovingly-crafted fantasy in the tradition of C.S. Lewis’ Chronicles. As exciting as it is spellbinding, I Am Ocilla is a beautifully-worded and outstanding entry into the genre.~Randy Streu, Senior Editor, Digital Dragon Magazine Check him out HERE.
- Author Diane Graham takes us into a universe filled with unique wonders and delightful curiosities—a world filled with Technicolor beauty and blighted despair. The paradoxical existence of good and evil encompasses those which exist in a state of self-denial. In this creative work, I Am Ocilla, an epic journey through the eyes of “The Chosen One” divulges the inner struggle of one’s own call to action. Second chances, re-birth and salvation are all intertwined as the battle for a world demands no man (or creature) remain silent. This book not only explores the complex enigma of a soul’s moral battle but divulges the beautifully simplistic melody which quietly lingers in the midst.~Muse, author of Anthesis, Enigmatic Evolution and The Little Sprout Check her out HERE.